Sunday, March 1, 2009

What month come after February? MARCH!

A funny little joke my siblings and I would do to eachother. You stand behind the person and ask the question "what month comes after February?" and you have to say "march?" And the person will kick you in the butt until you start marching. Good times....hahaha.
February was an okay month. It is the shortest month of the year, however, it went by very very slow. Nothing exciting happened, and it was all a bunch of stress. But it's over now! I have a new month and I'm looking forward to it. During spring break we get to go pick up Dallin from his Mission in Oakland California! We are all so stoked, especially my dad, since he went to the exact same mission. It will be the first time he's gone back since he came home.
This week has been all jumbled up. and everyday felt like Friday, making it so much slower than it should be. I had the reading and writing portion of the AIMS testing, which wasn't too stressful, since Reading and Writing are my preferred subjects. So the sophomores all went to school at regular time and the freshmen, juniors, and seniors all got to sleep in. I'll have my turn, so I need to shut up about how unfair it was. Thursday and Friday were typical days...I went to a party for my friend's birthday at Red Devil Pizza...and that was.... tolerable. Don't ever invite your boyfriend to your parties if your best friends are gonna be there. Because you won't talk to them, and that's a fact. So let's just say that the party was tolerable.
The weather has been beautiful these past few days!! I'm so excited! Tomorrow I'm going for a walk at the Rim Trail since I love that place so much. If anyone wants to join me, just give me a call! haha!
I just got back from one of my best friend's Court of Honor to receive his Eagle Award, and that was a really nice time! There was a picture of Chris (the friend receiving the award) and a lot of other boys who are in my ward when they were about 10-11 years old. It's crazy to think that I've been in Primary and Sunday school with them since I was 8 years old. Over the years, we've all become one big family. The boys, like Ty Johnson, Chris Brimhall, Garrett Horne, and even Kemish Zielenski are my brothers from other mothers. Most of the time I want to punch them, but I think about all of the good times and the hard times we've been through, and I am so thankful for them. The Young Women are my very best friends and I know I can go to any one of them for anything, including the leaders, and they'd be happy to help me. The Lord knows what he's doing when he inspires the stake president to put wards together. I am so thankful for my ward and the friendships that have blossomed over the past 7 years!
Well, it's sunday night and I just made an applesauce cake, so I'm going to go enjoy that. Enjoy your week everyone! March is going to be amazing!!!

-- Janae Coons

1 comment:

Shauni said...

For some reason, when I read the title of this post, I laughed until I cried. I never thought that joke was funny when I was the victim, but it's pretty funny looking back.