Sunday, February 15, 2009

Woohooooo!

So when I first started this blog, it was intended to be a blog about the Coons Family, hence the name, "Coons Cabin." But then...stuff just stopped happening in our family, and when things DID happen, my siblings already had it posted on their blog so I was like hey what the heck, I'm writing about myself! So I hope that you haven't been bored with me telling you all about my own life and whats going on...but hey. crap happens, and you'll get over it. And I'll be most definately updating you on the family things as well...but no promises of anything happening for a while!

Well, this week was a pretty awesome week in school!! Monday I got my Alg 2 test back and found that I got a 95% on it, and if you know me, you know that that is a very big deal for me! :D and I also got a 100% on my history test. I realized last semester when it was too late to change anything that if I really want straight A's, it's not going to happen unless I put my mind to it and not settle for less, and work my butt off. So I put my plan into action this spring semester, and so far, It's been working! My hard work is really paying off! I love when that happens! I just got this computer course called UPC (university prep center) and it basically is a ACT/SAT study program thing. Even though I am only a sophomore, it'll be good to get a headstart on it so it won't be TOO stressful when the time comes. Gosh I love high school. HAH! No, I really am enjoying high school...it's just sometimes....yeah....nevermind. haha. Tuesday we had a Snow Day, Thursday we had shortened 3rd and 4th periods so we could have a pep assembly, friday was an early release, and then I have no school on Monday! Having this much off of school has been awesome...I just hope it's not hard to get back into the all day five days a week crap they make us put up with. =P I know, I'm such a baby!

I got back from a Bishop Youth fireside just a few hours ago and it was very entertaining! They had a newly wed couple, a middle aged couple who have been married for about 20 years, and an elder couple who have been married for 55 years talk to us about their marriages and how they came to be. It was funny to have the men tell the story, and then the women correct them on every detail! They all had very good advice! After the fireside had ended and we were all gathered around eating refreshments, a good friend of mine, Bekkah Lybbert and I were talking about how our best friends were boys. Bishop became part of our conversation and he let us know that to girls, boys will just be their best friend, but boys always look at it as more than that. They are your best friend, but if a girl showed interest in him, he would drop everything and date her. We got in a very big argument, and it just so happened that my very best guy friend was amongst the crowd. This discussion started with 3 people brought in a few more, and all of the adults said the same thing. They agree with Bishop. Even though I had a number of people tell me that your best guy friend will always see you more than a "Best friend" or "sister" I still refuse to believe that they have "feelings" for me all these years we've been friends!! But whatever... I have my guy friends and they can look at me any way they want...they jsut don't have to tell me! :)

Well, i hope everyone has a wonderful President's day! I know I will! I'm reading Tuesdays With Morrie, but haven't had much time to read w/ all of my homework and other books I am reading for english. So hopefully tomorrow I'll be able to read some of it! Geez, I have such an exciting life! WOOOH!!

4 comments:

BrImHaLl FaMiLy said...

Hmmmmm! You know what I'm talking about!

Becky Montoya Wright said...

great post and so glad the straight A's are working out for you. you are the best and i love how well you express yourself (no one's ever wondering what you're thinking)--some say i have that same special gift;)

Shauni said...

Congrats on the A! Tuesdays with Morrie is one of my favorite books. I'll see you in a couple weeks (We're coming up for Spring Break on Mar. 9). I miss you!

marissa3 said...

Why did you put "I love high school!" The last time I checked, we were sitting in your car eating KFC rocking out to Josh Groben when you Clearly Stated...
"Uhg! I hate High School!" Alright Janae...make up your mind! You either hate it, or you don't! Haha!